Thursday, March 22, 2007

Spring Swing

The weather has been gorgeous here. So, last night, Adam, Luke, my parents, and I went to enjoy the lovely evening in the backyard. We sat on the porch, Adam and I swinging on the porch swing, talking and trying to keep Luke from eating fistfulls of dirt, acorns, or rocks. I looked up, and there, blowing gently in the breeze, was the tire swing. My nephews were not here to put it to use. It called to me.


I swang forwards and backwards, but the best is to swing around in a big circle.


The old oak tree has just started to put on new leaves. The view from the swing is beautiful.
I soon talked Adam into giving it a try.
After much coersion, I got my dad on the swing, too.
He loved it.

Mom didn't take much convincing after Dad gave it a try. She was dying to get on from the beginning. She is much more of a free spirit than she lets on.
Luke enjoyed exploring. And of course, eating dirt, acorns, and rocks. (According to my mom, he gets the fascination with eating dirt from me.)

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

WHAT FUN! Okay, I'm convinced that Texas is just too far away. I would love to come over for a swing!

Christin said...

You are welcome to come for a swing anytime! Oh and, I happen to know a great software company here that is always looking for a good programer. =)

christianne said...

Now THIS is what people were talking about over in the comments on my post about getting outside and just ENJOYING LIFE. Woohoo for you guys! I absolutely love the look on your face in that second picture. Sweet bliss. Speaks very loudly of that moment's ministry to your spirit.

kirsten said...

I agree, FUN post!! I want to come visit too! I love how everyone joined in. You really get the sense from the photos that everyone is just loving the time outside playing. We all need to get out & play, even us "grown-up" (HA!!) types.

It's been hard to get much outdoor time around here lately - we've had weeks straight of rain, I kid you not. Sigh. It makes it green & pretty though.

Now I just want to get outside & play ...

Anonymous said...

Such a fun yard...but why can't you catch a football while you're swinging? Geesh, woman!! =]

And I notice Luke has a bit of an old man hair-do right now...(reminds me of my dad's hair, though I'm sure Luke's will grow into a nice head of hair. Dad's is pretty much done!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Christin! It's Katie (formerly Grider) from THI. I just found your blog and just wanted to say hi! I loved the pictures of you playing on the swing. I LOVE to swing, and your tire swing looks awesome - lots of room to go in all directions!

-katie
www.dankatie.com