Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ear Tubes (Wednesday, March 14th)

We woke up early on Wednesday to take Luke to get his ear tubes. It ended up being a mostly easy experience. They take the kids in order of age, so Luke was number two that day, which meant we didn't have to wait long. Luke ended up having the same anesthesiologist as I had when my spleen was removed. He didn't recognize me. I don't blame him. I had my hair done, makeup on, and my contacts in. The last time he saw me, I was in one of those lovely blue hair caps, no makeup, and glasses on.

Less than fifteen minutes after they took Luke from us, he was back in our arms. It was hard to watch him wake up from the anesthesia. He cried a lot. Then again, I tend to cry when coming out of it myself. Once he finally did wake up completely, we had a good day. I was expecting a hard day, but he was pretty much back to himself after his afternoon nap.

Adam and I had cleared the day so that we could focus on Luke. So, as Luke napped, we just rested and recouped from the previous days' stress and excursions.

No comments: