Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Request for Prayer

I am meeting and talking with a young girl this Thursday. She is 17 and pregnant. She has already made the brave decision to carry the child to term. The baby girl will be born any day now. My soul has been in torment about her situation since I heard about her at church last Sunday. Please pray that God will give me wisdom. That he will prompt my speech. That I will encourage her in the path God wants her to take. Please pray that this young girl will have the courage to make the hard decisions that come with being a mom. Please pray for the life and soul of this precious baby girl.

4 comments:

kirsten said...

May God use you in a mighty way to influence this young woman. It sounds like God may already been turning her path around. May you be a tremendous blessing to her & an answer to her own prayers!

Rebecca said...

Do you know if she is considering adoption? I am very glad to hear she carried the baby to full term, but I hope that she can have the strength to love the baby in the hardest way possible by giving her the opportunity to have both a mother and a father. I will be praying for you, for the young mother, and for the baby.

Christin said...

Currently, she does not want to consider adoption. That is one of the things I hope to discuss with her. I need wisdom in this area.

christianne said...

Hi Christin,

Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you tonight and praying for this meeting you're having tomorrow. I didn't even know quite how to pray, so I partly just prayed for you to have wisdom and partly just prayed for the Holy Spirit to intercede on behalf of you before the Father.

Please come back and let us know how things went.