Sunday, March 18, 2007

Luke's First Trip to the Zoo (Saturday, March 10th)

The sun was out, so we were too. I think Mommy and Daddy enjoyed the zoo as much as Luke.

Luke was especially fascinated by the flamingos and ducks. He must be his Grandpa D's boy.

Monkeys watching monkeys.

Luke liked the jaguar.

In case you are wondering, that bison is trying to get the animal food we threw to it. You can buy special food to feed the animals at our zoo. I don't know if this is common at zoos or not. When I was little, they sold animal crackers that you could eat or share with the animals. We usually ended up eating the majority of them ourselves. Now, it is just for the animals.

One of my favorite parts of our zoo is the bridge over the giraffes. Usually, the giraffes are right up under you, so you can feed them. Their long, purple tongues are quite nimble in picking up the smallest crumb. Unfortunately, we went pretty late in the day, and I think the giraffes had already had their fill of crackers.


At this point, Luke was more interested in grabbing crackers for himself than looking at the elephants. We were glad to have brought along some Luke food, too.

Luke meets his first secretary bird.

Luke and Daddy liked the snakes. We had to remind Luke not to "tap on the glass," but he has difficulties with this at home, too.

We love the zoo!



3 comments:

kirsten said...

You look positively radiant and GORGEOUS, my friend!!

Christin said...

Thanks! Although, I must confess. I have been feeling pretty good about myself. I've lost a little over 10 pounds since my surgery. Of course, 1-2 pounds of that was cyst. But, then I see myself in a picture and all the confidence crumbles.

It is scandalous what our culture does to our body image.

kirsten said...

You do look fantastic.

And our culture is SO warped when it comes to body image. You can't buy groceries without seeing a magazine critique a woman for being too skinny or too fat. Ironic that the industry that puts the pressure on these women critcizes them when they exceed that industry's standards? :o)