Saturday, February 17, 2007

God is so Good

This is a little slow in coming, but I wanted to share the greatness of God with you. I know many people have received snow this month as those big storm systems have transversed the country. Here in Abilene, TX, snow is a rarity. The old adage is true - if you don't like the weather in Texas, just wait till tomorrow. It will change. I kid you not, on Thursday we had a high of 29 and Friday we were in the 60s. I am used to unpredictable weather.

So, on February 1st, I was at home with Luke, enjoying a lovely rainy day. Rainy days are the best. It was absolutely pouring. I periodically would look out the window to relish the downpour. Then, I looked up and thought, there's something wrong with that rain. I finally figured out that it was snow. There were huge, fluffy snowflakes in the middle of the rain. The shower of rain soon became a shower of snow. I don't think I have ever seen such big, fat, fluffy flakes. Not only were they huge, but they were countless. The air was blanketed in white.

Now, I have lived here long enough to know not to expect the snow to last. An hour after it stopped falling, all remnants of the snow were gone. But, it was beautiful while is lasted.

God is good.



4 comments:

christianne said...

Beautiful pictures! Those last two look especially artsy. So, you and Adam own a home? It's so neat to see your life come alive for us on these pages.

Anonymous said...

I remember snow in Texas...6" snowmen in the yards in Dallas. =] I'm glad you got a bonus during your perfect rainy day. (I still think of you whenever there's a rainy day. The just make me tired!)

Christin said...

Oh, I wish we owned a home! We are currently living with my parents in their beautiful, big home. We are hoping to start house hunting this summer. We are a single teacher income family. We are waiting until our cars are paid off before we start house hunting. I thank God for such gracious, easy to live with parents.

kirsten said...

We have the same saying in Washington about the weather ... but we actually say, "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes". The sad but funny thing is that this is actually true.

What amazing photos. For me, Texas & snow don't really go together. Very cool photos. Thansk for sharing!