Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mommy Vacation

Tonight I leave my baby and my sweet husband to embark on my first ever Mommy Vacation. The hardest part of motherhood is that it is a 24/7 job 365 days of the year. For the most part, there are no breaks. No time to rest. So, my amazing Adam is giving me time to rest. I am going to Denver to stay with my old roomie Lisa.

Lisa knows how to take a vacation - sleep in, read by the pool, relax. We may check out some Denver sites. Mostly, I just plan to relax, spend good time in my Bible, read a novel or four, and rediscover Christin.

I must admit, though, I am having second thoughts about leaving my boys...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you have a good time. Tell Lisa I said hi

Anonymous said...

I'll be sure you get plenty of down time!! I need some, too. And we relax well together...I was thinking maybe a pedicure? =]

christianne said...

Sounds like a perfect vacation to me, too! I love that you're planning the kinds of things you're planning -- the Bible reading, the novel reading, and the rediscovering Christin all sound perfect. I'm so glad for you -- and how generous and kind Adam is to recognize that this would be something you'd need! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

kirsten said...

Yeay!! Good for you. Enjoy your time off. :o)

Christin said...

Thanks, all! I will keep you updated as I have time.

Kristy- I will tell Lisa you said, Hi. I will also tell her to check out your blog.

Rebecca said...

Have fun and enjoy yourself! And hug and kiss those boys of yours when you get back! After all, I think it was a Mommy on vacation who first said, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder!"