Saturday, April 7, 2007

New Shoes

Now that Luke is walking more, it is time for him to start wearing hard soled shoes. (He is not quite a toddler yet. He still crawls half the time, but he is getting more and more confident on his feet.) So, Granny and I took him to get new shoes. He did not enjoy getting his feet measured. He did not enjoy the feel of the hard soles. Nevertheless, he is now the not-so-proud owner of hard soled sandals and hard soled church shoes.

On Wednesday, it suddenly occured to me that I should probably give Luke a chance to get used to his new shoes rather than putting them on him for the first time only to leave him in the nursery at church. So, we have been practicing. He is still not a fan. He tries to pull them off. He looks at me with those big blue eyes, questioning what in the world I have done to him now. His confidence in walking is shattered when wearing the new shoes. He is back to needing two hands held to go anywhere. I have decided that it is hard to be one year old.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Granny cracks me up more than Luke does! (And I almost typed "Noah" -- what does that say?)

Christin said...

Lisa, do you really want me to answer that? =)

Anonymous said...

No. But I figured you'd laugh! =]