Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday Favorites - Shoes are Enough


It's amazing how a little time changes things. When Luke first got his hard-soled shoes, he did not like them one bit. This morning, I left him in his diaper so that he could have some banana for breakfast without ruining his clothes for the day. Well, he wasn't ready for breakfast when he first got up, so I let him play for awhile. As I was fixing my morning cup of coffee, Luke walked into the kitchen, one sandal in each hand. He then bent over and tapped his feet with his shoes, his way of asking nicely for me to put his shoes on. This asking to wear shoes has become a common occurence. Of course, I think he likes his shoes so much because he associates shoe wearing with going outside. As soon as they were on, he walked to the back door and started reaching for the doorknob. Shoes mean going outside. Clothes? Who needs clothes for leaving the house?

5 comments:

christianne said...

Cute story. :)

Baby's growing up!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! He's all boy, isn't he? And it looks like his hair's starting to get curly in back. Kind of like Nolan when his hair gets "long." =]

kirsten said...

I can't believe how much he looks like my brother did at the same age!

This is pretty dang cute - no clothes, but hey mom! I've got my shoes on. What else does a boy need?

Jess said...

What a big boy!

Looking forward to 4/30!

Christin said...

It's true, he is all boy - loving balls, eating dirt, getting filthy, banging on things, wrestling...

Lisa - Adam is encouraging me to get Luke's hair cut, but I love his curls! Although, I have to admit at times, he does look like Frasier (from the 80s episodes of Cheers).

Kirsten - how funny that he looks like your bro! I think he is one of those chameleon kids. He looks like my baby pics, he looks like Adam's baby pics, he looks like Adam's dad's baby pics, he looks like my nephew Noah's baby pics...

Jess - We are so excited for Monday! We are still closing on Monday, but we won't actually get the keys for a couple more days. The Walsh's house needs a couple more days to get finished, and since we don't have to be out of my parents' house by a certain time, we have arranged to let them stay there until they can get in their new house. However, we are all anxious to get to our new houses.