Saturday, April 7, 2007

I'm dreaming of a white...Easter?

Once again, we are having crazy weather here in Texas, and my mom is irritated at the weather men. All the signs pointed to spring. The mesquite trees are budding (they say that the mesquite trees know when winter is over and only bud after the last freeze). The weather guys forcasted highs in the upper 60s for Easter weekend. It is currently 30 degrees out. But alas, we are once again having a white Easter. (About 10 years ago we got 9 feet of snow on Good Friday.) My parents spent last weekend and the early part of the week planting new flowers and pulling all the old ones out of the greenhouse. Dad spent yesterday hauling all those heavy pots back into the greenhouse and covering the new plants. We awoke this morning to sleet, our version of white. Mom is praying that her pretty new azaleas and geraniums are staying warm under their plastic blankets.

I looked up from my computer to discover that it is now snowing outside.


The azaleas in the front were not as fortunate as those in the back. They are weathering the storm uncovered.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like our weather in Denver right now. I love seeing the pictures from Abilene...feels like "home" to me!

christianne said...

Craziness! That is so strange. Being from Southern California and now Florida, I cannot totally NOT relate. :)

Love that pic in the middle that go close-up with the red flowers and snow.

kirsten said...

What? It is warmer in WA than in TX? HOW did that happen?

Happy Easter!!