Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Three Wonderful Years

Today marks three years of marriage for Adam and me. The last three years have been more than I ever could have dreamed up for myself. I have grown in ways I did not know I needed to grow. I have experienced more joy than I thought was possible with another person. I thank God daily for giving me Adam. He is perfect for me. He is not what my childish heart thought I wanted in a husband back when I was full of romanticism. He is better. He is what God knew I needed.

I remember thinking during our first year of marriage If this is the hardest year of marriage as they say, then we have it made. I thought our first year was easy, and as first marriage years go, it probably was. But now I look back and think that was a hard year. We have grown to know each other so much more. Though we may face more difficult challenges, our relationship has grown easier.

I thank God for the blessed institution of marriage. Godly marriage is more wonderful, more joyful, more surprising than the world would have one believe. It is the best gift a person could hope for. It is worth waiting for.

Adam, I love you. I look forward to the next fifty years and more by your side.

5 comments:

Mary DeMuth said...

Christin, thanks for your kind comment at relevantblog. And congratulations on three wonderful years!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! 3 years already? Congratulations to both of you! I love y'all and it's so cool to see how God has answered both your prayers.

christianne said...

Congratulations, Christin. This was such a beautiful post. I'm thankful that God gave you such a blessing in Adam.

kirsten said...

What a sweet & thoughtful post. We often think we know what we need, but God knows our own hearts better than we do. Congrats on three years!!

I can only hope that God sees fit to bless me in the same way someday.

Christin said...

Thanks, all, for sharing in our joy and for your sweet comments.

Kirsten, I am confident that God will bless you beyond belief in the way he knows is best for you. Though, I have to admit, I hope that means an incredible husband. Oh! We were watching an interview with Sir Lawrence Olivia the other day. He was talking about how difficult it is to play roles like Romeo, because Romeo is such a sleazy (my word not his) kind of guy and really not a very good lover (in the emotional sense of the word). It made me think of you, oh wise one, who saw through Romeo way back when.