Thursday, February 7, 2008

Snoozing

I was looking back through the pictures I have taken lately of Luke, and I noticed a theme. We have waking moments, too, but lately his sleeping moments have made me laugh.

Luke has clearly become to tall to sleep sideways in his bed, which explains the bent legs, but if you look closely, he is doing a back bend over a pillow, and there is a cup under his knees. Comfy.

Lately there has been a string of incidents involving things sticking to Luke's face while he sleeps. Here, the pacifier is hanging from behind his ear.

And here, the pacifier is sticking off the side of his face like a cute little horn.
I must confess that there have also been some incidents of fruit chews being stuck to Luke's face, or in his hair. I realize that putting my child in bed with fruit chews is not the wisest parenting move. But, at 4:30a when he is awake and insisting he is hungry, fruit chews mean Mommy can go back to bed for a couple hours.

This one, I just thought was cute. I keep hoping that maybe we can replace the pacifiers with the lamb as Luke's lovey.

And, my favorite. These two are from last night. From birth, Luke has shown himself to be Daddy's boy. It always makes me smile when I look up to find that Luke and Daddy are doing the same thing, sitting the same way, sharing the same expression. Now, they even sleep the same. I only wish you could hear their synchronized snoring.
It was all the better when I walked out of the bathroom to find that they had even turned over together.

I love my boys!

3 comments:

christianne said...

That is amazing about Luke and Adam! Wow. The apple really does not fall far from the tree.

All those sleeping pictures were pretty funny. Especially the parts about things getting stuck to his face or behind his ear or in his hair. Ha. :)

Anonymous said...

I love realistic parenting! =]

kirsten said...

Too, too cute!! Like father like son really holds true in this case, doesn't it?

Those are some rather amazing contortions Luke has gotten himself into in his sleep. I can see you showing these to future girlfriends!! ;o) And my oh my, I cannot believe all that hair!

What a sweet family you have. :o)